Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beach Day 1 - Saturday

Friday Night
We started our adventure with leaving Aimee's wedding, picking up Michael and driving to Morgantown. We got there about 1:30 am and slept alittle while, got back in the van and drove the rest of way.
On Saturday, we drove for about 8 hours and made many stops. It was July 7 - 7/11 - free Slurpee day at 7 Eleven's. Yeah, I had one and was finished, but Rick and Micheal had 4. Plus along the way, we missed a few of the roads that we needed to turn on, so we had to come up with a new route. Talk about stressful! I had nothing to do with it, but Michael and Rick were very vocal the entire time.

Spunkette enjoying the very long car ride


She decided to help him drive some - maybe it would speed things up!


We arrived


It is much smaller than Myrtle Beach and slightly smaller than VA beach. We unloaded our stuff and then went out to eat at an Mexican place - had to wait cause we had a party of 16 and no reservations.



Crazyness. I about had a melt down at the point. To much noise, way to many people, I was hungry and my sugar was kinda low - just couldn't handle it all. Finally Rick came and sat by me and talked it all out. I finally made up my mind about what to eat and just tried to chill. I ended up with an enjoyable evening. :0)

They just gave Rick his own pitcher of Diet Pepsi


Our Room


View of the beach from the 14th floor of the Pyramid

No comments:

Post a Comment