Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Anniversary

Today is my 7 month wedding anniversary. And Rick is in Richmond and I am here. I don't really care about being apart on our anniversary - I care about being apart. Period.

I am really trying to have a good attitude about Rick still going to Richmond and me staying 'home'(wherever that is) and working so that we can have some money saved up for house stuff. But it is really hard - alot harder than I thought it would be. Wasn't a reason of us getting married was so that we didn't have to do the long-distance thing? It will be an adjustment going back to live with my parents during the week and back to the in-laws for the weekends. I am SO ready for a house of my own. I am praying that this schedule will only be for a month. Any longer than that, I might just go crazy!

Today was my first day back to work. I worked from 8 am till 5:30 pm with only a 20 minute break. I worked with the pre-k class in the morning and then worked with the 3 and 4 year olds - 28 of them at once! Working with Miss Barb felt like old times. But less pressure. I had a lot more fun and wasn't as stressed by trying to do things 'right' and teaching all the time. I did do a color exercise during circle time, but it was fun! Love not being an intern! :0) My body is sore and very tired from all day of playing and chasing little ones around. But I will do it all over again tomorrow, and the next day and the next day. (Just not the same schedule! Thank goodness!)

Grandma update - she is waking up some!!! She opens her eyes and sometimes shifts them towards the person talking! Praise the Lord! They moved her today out of the ICU in Pittsburgh into a rehab center much closer to where Granddad lives. She still has a long way to go - especially since the doctors still aren't sure the extent of her damages - but she has come a long way also!

Ok, I have tons of pictures to post and work on, but it is late, my body is tired, and I need to work on some homework still. Maybe pictures will come later on in the week . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment