Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blizzard of '09'

On Friday December 18, my only plans for when I got off of work was to attend a wedding of my husband's co-worker and then relax at home getting ready for Christmas. But my husband had other ideas and we ended up driving to Pocahontas County in the middle of a snow storm so that my husband could had the opportunity to ski on fresh powder. I went with him so ensure that he stayed awake while driving - we didn't make it to camp until 5 am - and to have a relaxing day at camp. I watched movies, read my new Karen Kingsbury book, napped and played in the snow. Pocahontas county ended up with 24 plus inches and Charleston got a measly 8 inches.

The driveway out of camp


The wood shed


One of the corners of the porch


Another corner


The side of camp


The roof


My picture project tree - winter picture - check. :0)


My attempt at staging a really cool picture - but the snow was too deep and now it just looks dorky.


A post with snow


Picnic anyone?


That tree was loaded!


Old red barn


Snow fingers


The limb is touching the 'ground'


Hurley's car - it was even more piled up when he tried to leave


The driveway down into camp


My Tonka truck just sunk into the snow


This is the path the guys shoveled to get to the wood shed


The guys hard at work - shoveling


This is me standing in the snow - my feet aren't even touching the ground!


yes, the snow is past my knees and it is still snowing!


Our crazy adventurous group!


On one of the stops to pull Hurly out of a ditch - i jumped out and got some shots of the horses.


I think she blends in some - and the snow comes up past her knees too!


'What's Up?'


This pony was looking for a treat.


The road leading away from camp. And it is still snowing.

2 comments:

  1. WOW that's alot of snow!!! Great pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of snow. We're supposed to finally get a lot of snow here this week.

    ReplyDelete