Monday, September 28, 2009

Fly By

Weekends go way to fast for my liking. Weekends are the only time that I get to spend with my husband and it is only 2 measly days. How come weekends can't be five days long and the week be the other 2 days? I could handle that!

Friday night Rick and Charlie dog came and picked me up from the church/daycare and then they took me to the Parent/Teacher Store where I was in heaven! I have so many ideas that I want to do with my Young School age class and I have found the store that can help me! It could be a VERY bad thing that the daycare has a account there. :0)

After we got some dinner at Taco Bell, some unusual events happened and the end results were that I had volunteered to babysit my husband's ex-girlfriends baby that she got pregnant with while she was still dating my husband. Can you say awkward? Expect that I love Jade(the baby who is really 3 years old now) with all my heart. She goes to the daycare and I work with her everyday and since the beginning (when I stated working at the daycare a year and half ago) she has been one of my favorites.

Jade ended up spending the night with us and not leaving until 11:30 the next morning. She hates taking a bath, she loves cartoons and sleeps really well. That is, until the great big old greyhound gets in bed with her. Then she wants him out. :0) She requested pancakes and chocolate milk for breakfast. I started to tell her no, how about a toaster struddle? But Rick, the nice guy that he is - made pancakes for us!
It was a peaceful and rainy day and after Jade was picked up by her mom, we just laid around the house until dinner time. We headed to the mall and got some starbucks, ate in the food court and bought some books at the Family christian book store.

Sunday was the church picnic. Rick and I were in charge of the corn hole tournament. It was all fun but really tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment