Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Big Picture

What is the big picture in my life?
I have no clue. I have no idea what I really and truly want out of my life. I have no idea what God wants me to do.

Everyone wants me to finish my degree 'cause I am SO close!'. OK, but if I do that - then what? I have no desire to actually use what my degree will be.

I only ever did the whole college thing cause I didn't know what else to do and I wasn't just going to sit around to wait on some guy and then stay at home and produce babies. (Don't get me wrong - I can not wait for the day that I can be a stay at home mommy and wife, but now is not the time).

I changed majors to something more related with kids but even then I don't want to be the director of a preschool - that's a lot of paper work and not enough kid time! And being a Childrens minister is going to be hard when your church is falling down around you and there is no hope of ever moving to another church.

Yes, the idea of going 'back' to school to become a preschool teacher is VERY appealing. But I have to finish the first stupid degree.

Rick says that I am getting to bogged down with the little details in my life right now and that I need to pray and seek God about what the big picture in my life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment